So the quarter is over on Friday, & I didn’t really do as well as I hoped I would. Do you have any advice on how to get good grades next quarter so I don’t do too awful for the semester?
Of course I have some advice for this! Here’s a list of some helpful things to do to keep your second quarter grades up.
• Don’t cry over spilled milk. Yeah, you didn’t do too well on the first quarter. But—there are three more to do great in to make up for that. As long as you beat yourself up over this bad grade, you won’t be able to attack the work for the second quarter with a good outlook. It’ll also make it much harder to do well than if you had cleaned your slate and concentrated on this quarter.
• Actually USE your planner. It’ll help you keep on your homework, upcoming tests and project due dates. After a while of training yourself to write information in it, it’ll become more of a habit and that much easier to take a step toward being a better student.
• DO YOUR HOMEWORK & ACTUALLY STUDY. Seriously, that simple.
• Take advantage of tutoring. Everyday in the in the library, you can get help on anything that you’re struggling with in school. There are four or five Seniors from the NHS that are there to help. Now, if you’re an underclassman, I know that can be kind of intimidating to walk up to some random Senior that you’ve never met before and ask for help… BUT have no fear. I know the people who are the tutors, and they’re all very nice, they won’t attack you or something for needing some help.
• Extra credit. Some teachers offer extra credit, some don’t. If they offer it, do it. But, I would not badger them to offer it if they don’t
Good luck with keeping up your grades this quarter! God bless!
~Elizabeth La Salle